- Doors open for business.
- Among first clients is Noble Affiliates, which remained a financial relations client for 21 years.
- Selected for PR counsel by LTV Corp., one of America's most aggressive conglomerates.
- Appointed as PR counsel by two major corporations: Anheuser-Busch for its Texas market program, Diamond Shamrock for corporate communications.
- Barbara Hyman joins the firm.
- Enter the computer age with three 64K Apple II desktop computers.
- Selected by Frito-Lay for first of many major employee communications programs spanning 14 years.
- Handle media relations for LTV’s Chapter 11 filing, the largest ever at the time.
- Begin six-years of litigation PR counsel to Diamond Shamrock during Agent Orange lawsuit.
- Serve as public relations counsel to the Dallas Welcoming Committee for the Republican National Convention. Coordinate with 14,200 media representatives.
- Provide media relations counsel to Pratt & Whitney during Delta plane crash at DFW.
- Create grassroots media campaign on banking legislation for Citicorp.
- Tapped by Toyota to provide broad public relations services to North Texas, Oklahoma, North Louisiana and Arkansas.
- Communicate PepsiCo pension plan to employees nationwide.
- Appointed public relations counsel for McDonald’s in North Texas.
- Garner saturation print and television coverage for McDonald’s million-dollar contest winner.
- Lisa Alves joins the firm.
- Introduce OCI, Korean chemical manufacturer, to American marketplace.
- Marilyn Pippin joins the firm.
- Barbara Hyman serves as president of Dallas chapter, Public Relations Society of America.
- Clyde Hopkins named Outstanding Public Relations Practitioner in Texas by the Texas Public Relations Association.
- Launch turn-around communications program for Dal-Tile following $140 million loss.
- Marilyn Pippin serves as president of Texas Public Relations Association.
- Launch T-Speed wireless communications
- Chosen by TXU Energy for internal and external communications support for re-branding Oncor, its electric delivery division.
- Marilyn Pippin named Outstanding Public Relations Practitioner in Texas by Texas Public Relations Association.
- Assist la Madeleine restaurants with outburst of anti-French sentiment.
- Focus trade media attention on new line of Elk roofing products.
- Position U.S. operating division of Marconi Communications after its acquisition.
- Introduce Toyota's new Scion brand.
- Help Uncle Julio's quietly shutter its original restaurant location.
- Chosen by Freeman, nation’s leading trade show contractor, for media relations program.
- Marilyn Pippin serves as president of Dallas chapter, Public Relations Society of America.
- Toyota expands our assignment to include five Southwestern states.
- Hopkins & Associates opens Houston office.
- Clyde Hopkins sells Hopkins & Associates to long-time associates Lisa Alves, Barbara Hyman and Marilyn Pippin.